Pipit is a worldwide non profit art portal , creative community and platform that was initiated as a means to encourage and support independent artists and designer locally & internationally. Building networks and friendships in the field of art and design, organizing exhibitions, conducting design research and disseminating news and information about design and creative endeavor are Pipit main activities.
The goal of this challenge is to create a unique design that captures the essence of Firefox 4. The winning design will be printed as the official Firefox 4 launch t-shirt, a limited edition item featured in the Mozilla store and distributed to thousands of fans and contributors around the world. It will also be highlighted across key web properties like mozilla.com, the Creative Collective homepage, the Mozilla blog, our Facebook page, and more.
Before you start designing, here are some important information and inspirational themes to keep in mind:
* We’ve given the browser a completely fresh new look, and loaded it with cutting edge new features. Firefox 4 is snappy and fast, faster than ever before! And you can take it with you wherever you go. But at the end of the day, it’s also simply about having fun. We believe the internet is a fun place, and Firefox is the best way to experience it.
* At its core, Firefox is about people and is powered by an amazing global community of individuals working together to make the web a better place for everyone.
* We highly encourage you to interpret the above themes in creative, abstract and interesting ways. Please don't be literal. For example, note how the Firefox 3 t-shirt design embodies the concept of community in a creative way.
* It's not a requirement to use the Firefox logo in your design. However, if needed, you may download the high-resolution PNG here, or request an SVG version of the logo by emailing us. As indicated in our Trademark Policy, please do not modify the logo in any way.
Additional considerations when designing for a t-shirt:
* Ideal printing space is roughly a 10x10 inch square canvas on the front of the shirt.
* You’ll be designing for the front only, as the back will already have the Firefox wordmark printed.
* Please include a background color suggestion in your mockup. This will be the color of the t-shirt your design is printed on.
* You can use a basic t-shirt template as a reference guide for placement and size when designing. But please submit only the design itself, not a mockup with the t-shirt.
* Files should be uploaded as high-res (300 dpi) PNGs or JPEGs. But be sure to hold onto the original working files, because if you win we will need those. Be sure to optimize the file for print, and preserve all the layers.
* Original artwork should be created using a scalable vector graphics editor program (SVG format), such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape.
Determining the winner:
When the submission period ends on 03/28/2011, an internal team at Mozilla will select the top 5 design submissions based on the following criteria: creativity of the design, effectiveness at communicating the key themes and adherence to the above creative brief. The top 5 will then be opened for a public vote – with the overall winner and 4 runners up chosen by the community. Be sure to add a description to your design to share your thought process and provide additional details. It may help win you votes, too.
Good luck! We're excited to see what you come up with.
Submit your designs before March 28, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM PDT (GMT -7 hours).
Voting begins on March 30, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM PDT (GMT -7 hours).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum